The School of Computer and Communication Sciences of the École Polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) established the EPFL Summer Fellowship as a summer research program dedicated to Undergraduate & Graduate Students from all over the world, who are studying a bachelor of science or technology, a master of science or technology, or equivalent programs is computer engineering, telecommunications, or electrical engineering.
The duration of this summer training program is two months. It is a highly motivating learning experience in a competitive research environment. The student will be involved in social activities, and also have the chance to familiarise themselves with other cultures, and create a network of connections in Switzerland.
- Host University: Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL).
- Host Country: Switzerland.
- Study Level: Bachelor and Master’s.
- Number of Awards: NA.
- Subject Eligibility: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering.
- Eligible Countries: International.
- Application Deadline: 29th November, 2020.
- Candidates will receive CHF 3,200 for the program period which covers housing and living costs.
- The scholarship also covers the housing; Students are housed together either in Lausanne or Geneva depending on a lab assignment. They will have either single rooms or double rooms and share kitchen and bathroom facilities with their fellow SRP participants.
- The majority of airfare to and from Switzerland are covered.
- The program refunds up to CHF 1,000 for overseas flights and CHF 500 for shorter distances Summer Program Features:
- Participants will benefit from 8 weeks of lab experience
- Candidates will be mentored by faculty and scientific staff and have access to scientific seminars.
- Science-related Friday afternoon workshops.
- Program also includes social activities, such as a day hike to the Swiss alps with raclette, BBQ at professors’ home, and an excursion to the CERN
- Applicants must be studying BSc, BTech, MSc, MTech, or equivalent programs in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, or Electrical Engineering.
- At the time of application, applicants must have at least completed their 1st year of the bachelor’s program and be enrolled in the 2nd year or above.
- Ph.D. students are not eligible.
- Applicants must demonstrate an excellent academic record.
How to apply:
The application for the EPFL Summer Fellowship program is done online through the
program’s official website https://summer.epfl.ch/.
Applications are open as late as a couple of weeks before the deadline, all applicants will receive an e-mail that will let them know if they’re accepted or not.
The fellowship usually takes place between MAY to SEPTEMBER (flexible).
Visit the scholarship official website for more details.