Located in Townsville, Australia, James Cook University (JCU) is one of the Australia’s best university in the tropics and the second oldest college in Queensland. With over 18,000 students and more than 5,000 overseas students from all over the world, the James Cook University (JCU) offers over 300 programs for domestic and international students in many fields.
The university is also known by its unique location, research excellence and high quality of learning that contribute to the preparation of graduates for real-life scenarios regarding their professional life. During James Cook University programs, students aquire confidence and practical skills to to learn how to deal with the challenges of the future.
James Cook University’s researchers and students conduct studies in the following fields:
Environmental science and management, anthropology, fisheries sciences, neurosciences, geochemistry, evolutionary biology, zoology, plant biology, tourism, oceanography, inorganic chemistry, physical geography and environmental geoscience, genetics, biochemistry and cell biology, materials engineering, immunology, geology, nursing, specialist studies in education, linguistics, historical studies and human geography.
The following excellence scholarship is offered by the James Cook university for international students who want to continue their high education in Australia.
- Host country: Australia.
- Host university: James Cook University.
- Study Level: Bachelors and Masters degree.
- Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee reduction.
- Number of Awards: N/A.
- Application Deadline: Semester 1: January 30, 2021, Semester 2: June 30, 2021.
Benefits of the Scholarship:
- This scholarship is offering a significant tuition fee reduction to financially support students for their education throughout the entire period.
To be selected, the applicants must meet the requirements listed below:
- The James Cook University International Excellence Scholarship is open for international students from: Canada, United Kingdom, United States, Latin American and Europe.
- Students must maintain a strong GPA each semester to get the excellence scholarship during the entire duration of studies.
- The following fields are not eligible:
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Health (Nursing Pathway)
- Diploma of Engineering
- English for Academic Purposes
- Foundation Programme
- Study Abroad/Exchange
- JCU Online programmes
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Masters of Engineering (Professional)
- Applicants need to have an OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover).
- Candidates must meet a standard of English language proficiency.
- A valid international student visa is also required. Students can request a visa after obtaining a JCU Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE).
After applying for a program at the JCU and obtaining a JCU Confirmation of Enrolment, students will automatically be assessed during the JCU admissions process.
- High school diploma certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-secondary transcription
- Official survey results
- Start/course Vitae
Visit the official website for more details.