The University of Newcastle, known as the Newcastle University, is a public Australian university founded in 1965. The University has a main campus in Callaghan, a small community on the outskirts of Newcastle, New South Wales.
The university also has campuses in Ourimbah, Port Macquarie, Singapore, Newcastle CBD and Sydney CBD.
The university grants diplomas, degrees and certificates from five departments and a dozen schools classified according to the academic subjects and areas they cover; each department is divided into a number of different divisions that focus on particular research and academic areas.
Each department contains subjects of specialization, represented as follows:
- Health Faculty: Public Health and Medicine School, Health Sciences School, Midwifery and Nursing School, Pharmacy and Biomedical School.
- Law and Business Faculty: Newcastle Law School, Newcastle Business School.
- Science Faculty: Physical Sciences School, Life Sciences and Environmental School, Psychology School
- Arts and Education Faculty: Social Science and Humanities School, Creative Industries School, Education School.
- Built Environment and Engineering Faculty: Engineering School, Built Environment and Architecture School, Computing and Electrical Engineering School.
The Pathways and Academic Learning Support Centre offers higher education programs for newly graduated youth, older students, and indigenous learners.
The university has been collaborating with international companies such as CRCC Asia and The Intern Group to offer internships outside of Australia for the university students.
The following scholarship is offered by the University of Newcastle to financially support excellent domestic and international students who wish to enroll in a degree program at the University.
- Host University: University of Newcastle.
- Host Country: Australia.
- Study Level: Undergraduate.
- Scholarship Type: Tuition award.
- Scholarship Worth: $10,000.
- Number of Awards: 52.
- Eligible Countries: Domestic and International.
- Application Deadline: January 4, 2021.
All qualified, international students who wish to study in a program degree at the University of Newcastle are eligible to apply for the Academic Excellence Scholarships. The selection is based on academic excellence.
Level of Degree:
The Academic Excellence Scholarship at the University of Newcastle, are open for the Undergraduate, national and international Students.
The Admissible classes are open in the following faculties:
- Faculty of Medicine and Health;
- Faculty of Business and Law;
- Faculty of Built Environment and Engineering;
- Faculty of Arts and Education;
- Faculty of Science.
Benefits of the Scholarship:
The academic excellence scholarships at the University of Newcastle offers an award of $10,000 being paid in two separate payments of $5,000 after the first and second semester registration deadlines respectively.
To be admitted, the candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Candidates are required to be national or international students;
- Students should be accepted in an undergraduate program;
- The scholarship is intended for undergraduate level students in the mentionned fields of study at the university;
- Other criteria including service to the community, qualities of leadership and motivation will also be considered;
- Based on academic achievement;
- Full-time registration in the program of specialization during the semester for an award is granted;
- Be registered in minimum 40 classes per semester;
- Maintain full-time sustained registration in the program;
- Students entering the second year should finish 80 full-time credits and continue their registration in the same program in the second year;
- Students moving into their third year must successfully finish160 full-time credits and proceed to their third year of the program;
- Students should complete a minimum GPA of Distinction in order to be accepted for this award ( not applicable to medical programs with unrated passing grades);
- Candidates must have an opportunity for a full-time degree program at the University of Newcastle – Australia;
- Candidates must include proof that they meet the University of Newcastle’s English language proficiency requirements.
Scholarships for Academic Excellence at the University of Newcastle are not required to be applied for.
The selection is based on a competition process, using the results of courses and may consider both cumulative GPA and/or course progress in a given prior year of study.
The selection will be made on the final academic scores obtained after the full grading date of the second semester.
Visit the official website for more details.