The University of Twente was founded in 1961, it is a public research university located in Enschede, the Netherlands.
The University provides excellent, highly personalized education and offers a wide variety of programs from pre-university programs to in-company training sessions. A full-time, part-time, and one-time education programs to both students and professionals are available in many fields such as: technical medicine, robotics, IT, business & public policy, chemistry and engineering science, earth observation, natural or social sciences.
The University of Twente has five faculties:
- Engineering Technology (ET)
- Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EWI)
- Science and Technology (TNW)
- Behavioural, Management & Social Sciences (BMS)
- Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC)
The university of Twente is an excellent choice for students who seek to grow professionally and personally.
The University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship offered by the same university to outstanding students from countries in and outside the EU/ applying for a master’s program at the University of Twente.
- Host university: The University of Twente.
- Host country: The Netherlands.
- Study Level: Masters.
- Eligible Countries: International.
The recipient will be granted from € 3,000 up to € 22,000 for one year, but if the program duration is two years, he/she can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year. The scholarship is renewable only if the students obtained:
- An average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year.
- At least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year The recipients are free to spend the money the way they like; no costs will be paid on their behalf (e.g. tuition fees).
- Before applying for the scholarship, applicants must first gain an admission letter to the University of Twente;
- Have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying Master programs at the University of Twente that will start in the academic year 2021/2022 (September);
- Applicant must have a student number;
- Have not graduated from a UT undergraduate program;
- Meet the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- Fulfil the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL;
- iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills;
- Students must not be eligible for a Dutch study loan;
- Applicant must belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of his/her class.
Application deadline – round 1:
- Application form opens per 15 October 2020, 09.00 CET and closes per 1 February 2021, 16.00 CET (for programs starting September 2021).
Application deadline – round 2:
- Application form opens per 1 February 2021, 16.00 CET and closes per 1 May 2021, 16.00 CET (for programs starting September 2021).
Students who have applied in round two and whose application got rejected, their application for round 2 will not be considered. Applicants can only be awarded one UT scholarship.
How to apply:
Students must first apply for a Master’s program. Once they receive an admission letter they can apply for the scholarship using their student number through the online application portal.
Visit the official website for more details.